Food play is a form of sexual fetishism in which participants are aroused by erotic situations involving food. Some foods and herbs themselves are purported to cause sexual arousal in and of themselves. Food play overlaps with other fetishes, including wet and messy fetishism, feederism, Nyotaimori, and Wakamezake. It is differentiated from vore in that food play fetishizes food while vore fetishizes the act of eating.
- Sitophila - The desire to eat foods off the body of another person. Depending on the consistency of the food used, this may border on wet and messy fetishism.
- Nyotaimori - A sexual activity recognized predominantly in Japan in which sushi is ritualistically consumed off a woman's body
- Fruit and vegetable fetishism - A sexual activity involving the use of fruit or vegetables for sexual gratification. In addition to use in foreplay, they are sometimes used in penetration.
- Meat fetishism - A sexual activity where various meats are the focus of erotic desire.
- Yeastiality - A sexual activity in which bread or bread dough is the focus of erotic desire.
- , also called wakame sake and seaweed sake, is a sexual act involving drinking alcohol from a woman's body. The woman closes her legs tight enough that the triangle between the thighs and mons pubis form a cup, and then pours sake down her chest into this triangle. Her partner then drinks the sake from there. The name comes from the idea that the woman's pubic hair in the sake resembles soft seaweed (wakame) floating in the sea.
Certain fruits have a phallic shape, and can be substitutes for dildos, useful for vaginal penetration of a woman, or anal penetration of either sex. Other fruits are so constituted that they can be sexually penetrated by a male, if an appropriate hole is drilled in them.
Sausages may also be fetish objects.
- In the novel ''Portnoy's Complaint by Philip Roth, the main character, Alexander Portnoy, masturbates using a cored-out apple. An apple pie is put to similar use in the film, American Pie''.
- Sex with fruit is similarly discussed in the "Rome" scene in Night on Earth, where a taxicab driver played by Roberto Benigni confesses to his passenger — a priest — of having had sex with a pumpkin as a child:
"I lived in the country, where there weren't many women, and though you're still a kid, inside you feel a man's feeling, and there was no way to relieve this feeling. So the idea, not mine but a real intelligent friend of mine's, of relieving ourselves with, to make love with ... how do I say this? With pumpkins. Pumpkins. Warm, soft, damp, with seeds inside, so round -- and we would -- toom ta toom -- help me find the words, Father -- we relieved ourselves with these pumpkins."
- Fruit play was done in 9½ Weeks (and later parodied in Hot Shots! Part Deux).
- On an episode of The Graham Norton Show, an unsuspecting member of the studio audience participated in making the front cover of a food fetish magazine.
Index: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
This article is based on "Food play" from the free encyclopedia Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org). It is licensed under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation Licencse. In the Wikipedia you can find a list of the authors by visiting the following address: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Food+play&action=history