Hanne Blank (25 February, 1969) Born in Northampton, Massachusetts, Hanne Blank is a historian, writer, editor and public speaker. She has also edited and written erotica but is retired from that genre.
She grew up in the greater Cleveland, Ohio area, became a classically-trained musician and then a formally educated historian. As an independent scholar, her most recent post was as the 2004-2005 Scholar of the Institute For Teaching and Research on Women at Towson University, Maryland.
Ms. Blank is a former co-editor of Scarletletters.com (online "publisher of sex-positive, original, visionary creative and artistic work of all kinds") and Scarleteen.com ("delivering ... contemporary teen sex ed") with Heather Corinna. She is a former associate editor of Sojourner: The Women's Forum, and has also written sex columns for the Boston Phoenix and Good Vibes Magazine.
As an instructor (prior to becoming a full-time writer/editor), she taught at the university level at Brandeis University, Tufts University and Whitworth College. As a musician, she was a Fellow of the Boston University Tanglewood Institute and was the 1991 recipient of the George Whitefield Chadwick medal for work as a proponent of contemporary art music.
Her most recent book, Virgin: The Untouched History, was published by Bloomsbury USA in March, 2007.
- Zaftig: Well-Rounded Erotica. Cleis Press, 2001. ISBN 1-57344-122-8 ISBN 978-1-57344-122-3
- ''Shameless: Women's Intimate Erotica.'' Seal Press, 2002. ISBN 1-58005-060-3 ISBN 978-1-58005-060-9
- Best Transgender Erotica. (Co-edited with Raven Kaldera) Circlet Press, 2002. ISBN 1-885865-40-6 ISBN 978-1-885865-40-3
- Unruly Appetites. Seal Press, 2003. ISBN 1-58005-081-6 ISBN 978-1580050816
- Big, Big Love: A Sourcebook on Sex for People of Size and Those Who Love Them. Greenery Press, 2000. ISBN 1-890159-16-6 ISBN 978-1-890159-16-0
- Virgin: The Untouched History Bloomsbury USA, 2007. ISBN 1-59691-010-0 ISBN 978-1-59691-010-2
- One on One - with Hanne Blank, Pif Magazine, April 2000.
- Interview with Hanne Blank, Advocates for Youth, June 22, 2001.
- The oy of sex, New Voices, 2002?
- 20 Questions about Virginity: Scarleteen Interviews Hanne Blank, Scarleteen, 2005?
- Three Quick Questions: Hanne Blank, Big Fat Blog, July 12, 2005.
Interviews of Others
- 2004-2005 Scholar of the Institute For Teaching and Research on Women at Towson University, Maryland.
- Body image and its controversy is related to the fat acceptance movement and Ms. Blank's work.
- Fat acceptance is one of Ms. Blank's causes for activism.
- History is her primary professional training and the genre of her most recent works.
- Hymenology is related to the study of the topic of her most recent book.
- Sexuality is a major theme of academic and professional research for Ms. Blank.
- Virginity is the topic of her most recent book.
Index: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
This article is based on "Hanne Blank" from the free encyclopedia Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org). It is licensed under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation Licencse. In the Wikipedia you can find a list of the authors by visiting the following address: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Hanne+Blank&action=history